With the object context menu at your fingertips, navigating and managing your project becomes a seamless task. This allows you to execute various actions directly on objects, enhancing your control and efficiency. As we delve deeper into this guide, we will demonstrate how to use this feature effectively, ensuring you get the most out of your experience.
1. Select an object
The object info sidebar will open on the left side of the 3D view
2. Open the object menu using the three dots at the top of the sidebar
3. You will see a list og actions you can execute on the selected object.
Each action is described below
4. New topic will create a new topic
The selected object will be attached to the topic
5. Select which workflow the topic show in
The follow the step for creating and assigning the topic.
6. Assign checklist
This action allow you to add the object to a checklist
7. Select the checklist you want the object to be attached to
8. You can also create a new checklist using this object
Scroll to the bottom of the list of existing checklists and click "Create new checklist"
9. Copy link
This copies the URL of the object you have selected to you device's clipboard.
You can paste this URL into an email, chat or document to guide people directly to an object in StreamBIM.
10. Print QR Code
This generates a QR for the select object. You can print the QR code to visually guide people directly to the object in StreamBIM.
11. Add properties to display with the QR code
You can select which properties display on the QR printout as well as which property to use as the name of the object.
This isolates the selected object (all other objects are hidden from view).
Using the shift key you can also select several objects, then isolate these.
13. Exit isolate object mode by closing the "isolated objects" list
14. The Select action opens a submenu for specifying your selection
15. Click on Select all "Light fixture" objects
Where you can:
Select all objects of the same IFC type (e.g. Light fixture)
Select all objects of the same object type (e.g. 1200mm - 120V......)
16. The selected objects are listed in the sidebar
17. You can choose actions on the seleceted objects
...or clear the selection.
18. Hide objects
This also opens a submenu
19. Click on Hide selected object
Here you can:
Hide the one selected object
Hide all of the IFC type (e.g. Light fixture)
Hide all the objects of the same type.