This feature enhances the functionality of your documents by turning specific text segments, which correspond to filenames referenced in other documents, into actionable hyperlinks. By doing so, users can seamlessly navigate between related documents, thereby increasing the accessibility and usability of content within the StreamBIM environment.
For this feature to work optimally, it's imperative that filenames adhere to a consistent format, ensuring they match a pattern.
As you explore further, you'll notice the use of specific placeholders:
N represents numbers.
L stands for letters, which can be either uppercase or lowercase.
* can be used to denote any number or any character.
With these conventions in place, you can efficiently integrate and benefit from the document hyperlinking feature. Let's delve into the process to get you started!
1. Open the settings to get to Document hyperlinking
2. Click on Document hyperlinking
3. Type in the pattern for your file names and save
4. Close the settings to access the documents tab
5. Select "Documents" and open a file with references to other documents
6. Document numbers following the predefined pattern are highlighted.
7. By selecting "A-40-1-1-020100.pdf", you'll be immediately directed to the corresponding document.
8. From the example, selecting the reference in the document "A-40-1-1-020000.pdf" led StreamBIM to promptly open the file "A-40-1-1-020100.pdf".
9. Click on the highlighted button to return to the model.